Whether you are new to meditation or already have a practice, Jean welcomes you to join us. While these are not classes, everyone is welcome and can follow along and be part of the mindful community. Together we practice the tools of mindfulness that bring us into the present moment, develop greater compassion, strengthen our concentration, and allow our body and mind to rest right here, right now. By stopping, focusing on our breathing, and observing our thoughts and feelings we gain clarity, spaciousness, and the ability to stay present to whatever arises without reacting habitually. By practicing with the support of the community, our commitment to living mindfully is strengthened.
Photograph by Emily Feinsod Photography
Please Note: Due to changing conditions with Covid-19, Drop-In Meditations will not meet in person. Please join us on Zoom. There will be no classes on the following dates: 8/13, 9/5. (updated 8/15/21).
TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS
10:00-10:30 am on Zoom
• Practice includes one 25-minute guided meditation
• Suggested donation $5-10 Donations can be submitted by Venmo, Zelle, or in-person with cash/check.
7:30-8:45 pm on Zoom
• Guided and silent meditation periods
• A short dharma talk or reading is offered
• 15 minutes of mindful sharing as a community to deepen our skills of mindful listening and mindful speech.
• Suggested donation $10. Donations can be submitted by Venmo, Zelle, or by check payable to Jean Vitrano LLC.
Zoom: No registration is required, however, to keep the spaces safe on Zoom, if you are coming for the first time, please let Jean know you are coming, and please make your Zoom name appear clearly so she can let you in. Zoom link here.
Deepen Your Practice: Dedicated Sit
Do you find it hard to commit to "dropping in?" If so, I invite you to join me for my upcoming Deepen Your Practice: Dedicated Sit series. By committing to a weekly group you can deepen your practice. Anyone coming from the Beginning Meditation Series or anyone who has meditation experience is welcome.